About Citi Community Capital
Citi Community Capital (“CCC”), the community development lending and investing group of Citi, offers the industry's most comprehensive affordable housing and community development financial products. From single-project transactions to portfolio-wide solutions, CCC combines unparalleled community development expertise with industry leading capital markets capabilities to offer financial solutions to preserve and build stronger communities. Read more >
It is our mission to be the preferred financial partner for affordable housing developers, non-profits and governmental entities that focus on community development. We provide our customers with a distinctive, remarkable experience based on world class responsiveness, customer service, creativity and superior execution. We accomplish this mission while delivering consistent and impactful CRA results, superior financial performance for Citi and a rewarding experience for our employees.
Citi continued its reign as No. 1 in Affordable Housing Finance Magazine’s annual survey of affordable housing lenders for the sixth consecutive year, having provided over $3.2 billion of lending to finance affordable housing rental projects in 2014, more than any other institution. CCC's origination, structuring, asset and risk management staff across the country provides creative financing solutions designed to meet their clients' needs. CCC helps community development financial institutions, real estate developers, national intermediaries and nonprofit organizations achieve their goals through a broad, integrated platform of debt and equity offerings.
- June 1, 2015 – Hahne & Company Department Store Groundbreaking, Newark, NJ
- June 10 - 11 – AHF Live: Housing Developers Forum, Washington, DC
- June 23 – HAND Annual Meeting and Housing Expo, Washington, DC
- June 27 – 30 – Volunteers of America National Conference, Los Angeles, CA
- San Francisco Business Times - Real Estate Deals 2015: Affordable residential San Francisco winner – Vera Haile
- Portland, OR - Closed two tax-exempt, construction to-permanent loans totaling over $63 million. The Citi loan proceeds will be used to fund major renovations at four, former public housing sites which provide housing for 654 very low income elderly and/or disabled person households.
- Jacksonville, FL - Closed a $10.97 million Cash Mortgage through the Freddie Mac Mod Rehab Program on a 194-unit age restricted, Section 8 affordable multi-family property preserving the affordability for the soon to-be renovated 40-year old structure. Further, Citigroup Global Markets, Inc. was the bond underwriter on the transaction and helped facilitate the marketing efforts of a $13.3 million tax exempt bond issuance.
- Newark, DE - Closed a tax-exempt bond purchase transaction consisting of a $15 million construction loan that will convert to an $11.6 million permanent mortgage. The proceeds of the loan will finance the rehabilitation of Main Towers, a 151-unit apartment building for low to moderate income seniors.
- New London, CT – Permanent Financing – 146 Senior units
- Wilmington, DE – Commercial Revitalization of Historic buildings
- Palm Beach, FL – New Construction - 216 family units
- Dedado, GU – New Construction – 81 family units