Information Center - Bondholder FAQs for U.S.-Based Programs
Answers to frequently asked questions about the transfer and registration of bonds.
- How do I transfer my bond?
- How do I change the address on my account?
- How do I obtain the relevant W-8 and W-9 tax forms?
- I am a holder of securities in a country outside the United States. How do I obtain a signature guarantee from an eligible institution that is a member of an approved signature guarantee medallion program?
- When do I use the bond power?
- How do I update the payment instructions on my account so that future payments are sent by federal wire?
- What if I have a question for which I can't find an answer on this website?
There are different procedures, depending on the type of transfer you are making. Check the General Guidelines for the Transfer of Securities for the requirements related to your transfer.
How do I change the address on my account?
To change the address on your account, print out the Address Change Form, complete it, and send it to Citibank (address on form). How do I obtain the relevant W-8 and W-9 tax forms?
Go to the IRS's web site where you can obtain the necessary tax forms. I am a holder of securities in a country outside the United States. How do I obtain a signature guarantee from an eligible institution that is a member of an approved signature guarantee medallion program?
Since a Medallion Guarantee is offered only through financial institutions in the United States, we recommend that you contact a local commercial bank that has a correspondent bank in the United States. Through the local bank you should have the officer's signature (on the bond power) affixed with a Signature Guarantee in the following format:
Officer's SignatureThe bond power endorsed by the officer with the Signature Guarantee affixed may be forwarded to the corresponding bank in the United States from whom a Medallion Guarantee may be affixed on the bond power and then returned back to you. The complete transfer package should be presented to Citibank, via overnight courier, to the following address:
[Name of Bank]
X Authorized Bank Officer
Citibank, N.A.When do I use the bond power?
Citibank Agency & Trust
111 Wall Street
15th Floor, Zone 8
New York, NY 10005
Use the bond power to execute the transfer of the bond in lieu of completing the re-assignment of the bond on the reverse side of the bond certificate. How do I update the payment instructions on my account so that future payments are sent by federal wire?
Payments sent by federal wire are available only to institutional bondholders. In order to update the payment instructions on your account we require the following:
- Letter of instruction signed by an officer. The letter must be on company letterhead and must include complete wire instructions. The letter must also include the name in which the security is registered, your institution's taxpayer identification number, security CUSIP number, and the share position in your account. If you own multiple securities or have multiple accounts then they should be listed on an attachment.
- The officer's signature on the letter of instruction must be Medallion Guaranteed by a financial institution that is a member of the Medallion Signature Guarantee Program.
- The letter must be accompanied by a corporate resolution which evidences that the officer is authorized to sign on behalf of the company. The corporate resolution should be affixed with a corporate seal.
Citibank Agency & Trust
Attn: Customer Service
111 Wall Street, 15th Floor, Zone 8
New York, NY 10043
Should you have any further questions regarding this matter, please contact Customer Service at 800-422-2066, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9:00AM to 4:30PM Eastern Standard Time.What if I have a question for which I cannot find the answer on this website?
Should you have any further questions regarding your bonds, please contact Customer Service at 800-422-2066, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9:00AM to 4:30PM Eastern Standard Time.