CITI NAMED BEST OVERALL INTERNET BANK AND BEST CORPORATE/INSTITUTIONAL INTERNET BANK GLOBALLY BY GLOBAL FINANCE
New York - Dec. 30 – Citi today announced it has been ranked the Best Overall Internet Bank and Best Corporate/Institutional Internet Bank Globally by Global Finance at its World’s Best Internet Bank Awards Dinner held in New York. Citi was also named the global winner for Best Information Security Initiatives, Best Online Cash Management Site and Best Investment Management Services.
Global Finance’s World’s Best Internet Bank Awards are based on submissions from banks that wish to be considered. This year’s competition drew entries from 207 banks from around the world. Winners were determined based on evaluations conducted by a judging panel and selected by Global Finance’s editors. Selection criteria included strength of strategy for attracting and servicing online customers, success in getting clients to use web offerings, growth of online customer base, breadth of products offered, evidence of tangible benefits gained form internet initiatives, and web site design and functionality. Sub-category winners were selected on the basis of relative strength of those products and services.
In addition to the top global awards, Citi was also honored with the following:
Best Corporate/Institutional Internet Bank (Regional Wins):
- Best Corporate/Institutional Internet Bank - Latin America
- Best Corporate/Institutional Internet Bank - Central-Eastern Europe
- Best Corporate/Institutional Internet Bank - North America
Best Corporate/Institutional Internet Bank (Country Wins):
- In Asia: Australia, Bangladesh, India, Japan, New Zealand, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam
- In Central & Eastern Europe: Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Ukraine
- In Europe: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland
- In Latin America: Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Trinidad & Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
- In Middle East and Africa: Algeria, Bahrain, Cameroon, Congo, Cote-D’Ivoire, Egypt, Gabon, Israel, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia
- In North America: Canada, United States
- Best Online Cash Management: Asia, Central & Eastern Europe, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America, North America
- Best Investment Management Services: Latin America, Europe, North America
- Best Trade Finance Services, Latin America: North America
- Best Information Security Initiatives: Latin America, North America
- Best Integrated Corporate Bank Site: Latin America
Citi, the leading global financial services company, has some 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 100 countries, providing consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, and wealth management. Citi’s major brand names include Citibank, CitiFinancial, Primerica, Smith Barney, Banamex, and Nikko. Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com or www.citi.com.