Welcome to the website of Bank Handlowy w Warszawie S.A. In this chapter we explain the rules in force at Bank Handlowy w Warszawie S.A. regarding processing of personal data information which the customer may disclose to us while using this website. Our goal is to protect customer information on the Web in the same measure as we protect our customers at the Bank.
Our online offer will present the customers with descriptions of our products and services, reports and statements, the employment opportunities at the Bank, as well as up-to-date information and offers. Using the above will not entail any obligation to reveal any personal data.
However, if the customer provides us with his/her personal information, such as address, e-mail address, phone and fax number, demographic data and other personally identifiable information, such data shall not be revealed (for shared use, for the purpose of sales or our contacts) to any external organization unless we have been authorized by the customer to do so or we are required by law to disclose the information. Such data, along with the scope of the customer's business and his/her transactions, shall be processed in accordance with the security and confidentiality rules in force at our Bank.
Cookies are files which enable the storage of information or access to information already stored on a telecommunications end device of an End-User during or after a visit on webpages, including the webpages of the Bank. Cookies used on webpages of the Bank do not store personal data, they are used, among other things, to remember User preferences or to protect webpages. Some of the functionalities of the Bank's webpages are not available when the User does not permit for the installation of cookies. For example, it will not be possible to send information from certain contact forms.
Information for the Users:
What type of cookies do we use?
- Persistent cookies are files which are stored on the User's device even after leaving the browsed webpage. The aim of storing and accessing such information by the Bank is to remember User preferences during the visit of a User on a given webpage, e.g. saving User name when one is logging in to the transactions service. The purpose of this function is to enable the auto-filling of the User name field on the User's device when the Application is started again. At the same time, the User agrees that such information may be stored on their device. In order to delete the User name, select the saved name and choose the "Delete User" option from the menu.
- Session cookies are required by the Bank's website to maintain proper information transfer between the server and the browser, and, thus, to ensure proper display of the contents of the visited webpage and to allow a fully-functional access to its functionalities. The aim of storing and accessing such information by the Bank is to identify a given session (the dialogue between the browser and the server) and the Users communicating with the server at the same time.
- Third-party cookies, i.e. cookies of third parties with whom the Bank cooperates, enable external companies to store information on the number of visits and the Users' activity on webpages. The aim of storing and accessing such information by the Bank is to collect data on the traffic on webpages. This is not personal data. Companies providing analytical services to the Bank are, for example, Geminus or Google.
How to block the installation of cookies through the browser's settings?
Most browsers running in default settings allow cookies in order to provide the Users with comfort when accessing a website and to ensure its proper display. If a User does not want to have cookies installed on their telecommunications end device, they can block the installation of cookies by following these steps:
- When using Internet Explorer:
click on the main menu, select "Tools/Internet Options", then in the "Privacy" tab click "Advanced" and disable cookies.
- When using Mozilla Firefox:
click on the main menu, select "Tools" and then "Options" and adjust the privacy level in the "Privacy" panel.
- When using Opera:
click on the main menu, select "Tools" then from the "Preferences" tab select "Advanced" and then "Cookies".
- When using Google Chrome:
click on the menu on the right side of the screen, select "Options" then "Show advanced settings" and click on "Cookies".
The above browsers have been presented as examples. Due to a wide variety of browsers used by Users, there may be certain differences in adjusting the setting in such a way which would ensure the blocking of cookies. Usually the information about cookies can be found in the "Tools" or "Options" menu. Detailed information can usually be found on the webpage of the developer of a given browser.
However, it is worth noting that the storage and access to some cookies on the User's end device may be necessary for the proper functioning of transaction services provided by the Bank to the Clients on the basis of agreements concluded with them. Adjusting browser settings by the User in a way which disables the installation of cookies can fully or partially block the possibility to use the aforementioned transaction systems.
Bank Handlowy w Warszawie S.A. customers' personal data protection policy is a commitment to keep customer information confidential.
PRIVACY AT CITI
Our goal is to maintain your trust and confidence when handling personal information about you.
YOU HAVE CHOICES:
As our customer, you have the opportunity to make choices. As you consider this, we encourage you to make choices that enable us to provide you with quality products and services that help you meet your financial needs and objectives.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
The security of personal information about you is our priority. We protect this information by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that meet applicable law. We train our employees in the proper handling of personal information. When we use other companies to provide services for us, we require them to protect the confidentiality of personal information they receive.
Due to the art.32 Act of August 29, 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Unified text - Journal of Laws of July 6, 2002, No. 101, item 926 with later amendments) you have a right to control the processing of personal data, in particular you have the right to:
- obtain information as to the purpose, scope and the means of processing of your personal data,
- obtain access to your personal data,
- demand the data to be changed,
- make a demand for the blocking of the processing of your data for marketing purposes,
- obtain information about the recipients of the data, that are entitled to receive such data, in respect to banking law.
You may exercise any of the above rights through:
- HelpDesk Citidirect 0 801 343 978 lub +48 (22) 690 15 21
- Ctibank Online http://www.online.citibank.pl/
- Our branches