|Global Corporate Bank
The Global Corporate Bank (GCB) is a leading provider of value added financial services to top-tier Local, Multinational, Public Sector and Financial Institution clients. Operating in Pakistan since 1960, GCB serves various industries including Aviation, Auto, Commercial & Investment Banks, Chemical & Pharmaceutical, Energy, Fertilizer, Consumer Goods Manufacturers, Leasing, Government & Central Bank, Foreign Embassies, Insurance, Leasing, Pharmaceutical, Textiles, Telecommunication, and Utilities.
Our relationship bankers have a comprehensive understanding of our clients’ wide range of complex financial needs allowing us to effectively deliver innovative solutions to our clients. GCB's relationship bankers partner with product specialists to provide a full array of corporate banking solutions, ranging from cash management, foreign exchange, trade finance, custody, clearing, loans, to capital markets, derivatives and structured products. They also partner with our investment bankers to deliver investment banking capabilities to our relationship clients. Generic services include working capital management, commercial lending, supply chain finance, foreign exchange and currency hedging solutions, as well as market-linked investments.
GCB in Pakistan is organized in terms of client segments and coverage is provided geographically each of these segments from our Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad Corporate offices. The GCB organizational model draws upon a deep understanding of industry trends and market knowledge, based on Citi’s local presence dating back 100 years in over 100 markets. It also enables us to provide a steady stream of innovative cross border and local financial solutions tailored to the specific needs of our clients.
Listed below are the innovative and first-time solutions delivered in Pakistan by GCB.
- First Euro-convertible Offering
- First Leveraged Management Buyout
- First Domestic Corporate Bond
- First Off-shore Future Flows Securitization
- First Commercial & ECA backed funding for Microfinance Institution
- First Domestic Foreign Currency Index Loan
- First Oil Hedge in Pakistan
- First Commodity Hedge in Pakistan
- First Coupon Swap in Pakistan
- First Foreign Equity Fund
- First Government of Pakistan International Sukuk
- First Off-shore Sukuk Offering
- First Domestic Sukuk Offering
- First FCY Advance / Arrear Swap
- First ECA Backed Risk Sharing Facility
- First Lease Rental Securitization
- First Securitization backed by Public Sector Notes Payable
- First Derivative Transaction in Pakistan