|Terms & Conditions
1. Citibank Rewards Program ("CRP") is an incentive and promotional offer available only to the primary/basic Citibank Credit Cardmember (and specifically excludes the Supplementary Cardmember) ("Cardmember"). For the purposes of the Rewards’ Terms & Conditions the phrase "Cardmember" shall have the meaning as defined above in this Clause and "Card" shall mean any Credit Card (primary/basic) issued by Citibank.
2. During the continuation of CRP, the Cardmember will be awarded one (1) Citibank Reward Point on each spend of Rupees Fifty (Rs. 50 or equivalent foreign currency) pursuant to the Card Account being charged for the said amount only for purchase of goods and/or services. Citibank reserves the right to change, at any time, the amount requisite to earn one (1) Citibank Reward Point.
3. Transactions/Charges which are eligible for Citibank Reward Points are retail transactions through the Card like purchase of airline tickets, restaurant charges, hotel charges, car rental, service station, mail order and other similar retail charges. Transactions/Charges which are not eligible for Reward Points include, but are not limited to, annual/joining Cardmembership Fees, Service Fees, Late Payment Charges, GST, Cash Advances, Charges for Cash Advance/Cash on Call/ Advance Cash on Call, Charges for Cash Payments, Interest and/or Finance Charges, Disputed Transactions and, Government taxes /duties. Citibank may add to, or remove from, the above list of eligible charges and transactions from time to time at its discretion. Citibank's decision as to what constitutes an eligible charge shall be final and conclusive.
4. Citibank Reward Points available for redemption will be shown in the Statement of Account issued to the Cardmember, and the Cardmember may redeem the available Reward Points against the gift(s) offered by Citibank. Citibank shall issue a catalogue, from time to time, containing information on the gifts/rewards which the Cardmember may acquire by redeeming the Reward Points available in the Card Account. Each gift or reward has Reward Points value and the Cardmember will redeem the same number of Reward Points according to the value of the reward/gift to obtain such reward(s)/gift(s). Citibank shall have the right to change, from time to time, the values of reward(s)/gift(s) and notify such changes in the gift catalogue which is also available on the Citibank
website at www.citibank.com.pk
5. Subject to approval of Citibank, the Cardmember may redeem accumulated Reward Points as shown in the latest Statement of Account issued by Citibank to the Cardmember. Details of redemption transactions in each month will appear in the next Statement of Account issued to the Cardmember.
6. Citibank Reward Points accumulated under the Account are only redeemable by the Cardmember if the Account is open (i.e. not cancelled or terminated by either the Cardmember or Citibank), is not fraudulently operated and is current (i.e. there are no past due outstanding balances on the Account).
7. Points are not transferable to any other person and are not exchangeable for cash. However, the Cardmember may combine points earned on his/her VISA and MasterCard Citibank Credit Cards.
8. Points earned by any Supplementary Cardmember will be credited to the Account of the Cardmember and may be redeemed only by the Cardmember.
9. Reward Points accumulated under the Account will be cancelled/forfeited in the following events:
(i) the Account is closed either by the Cardmember and/or by Citibank for whatever reason(s);
(ii) the Cardmember has failed to pay the Liabilities as demanded by Citibank;
(iii) the Account is expired or has ceased to be effective;
(iv) the Cardmember has failed to comply with the Credit Card Terms & Conditions; and
(v) accumulated Reward Points are not redeemed within the period as prescribed by Citibank from time to time.
10. Redemption order for any gift item shall be subject to availability of the gift item with merchant / supplier.
11. Subject to approval of Citibank, the Cardmember may nominate any person to receive the gift(s) on the Cardmember's behalf. Such a nomination shall not change once the gift(s) is issued to the nominee and the nomination shall not be altered or revoked.
12. The Cardmember agrees and understands that Citibank does not act as supplier of the gift(s). Its role is only to place an order with the suppliers/vendors for supply of the gift(s) to the Cardmember. Citibank shall not be responsible in any manner for quality, suitability and merchantability of the gift(s) supplied to the Cardmember.
13. In addition to Clause 12, Citibank shall not be responsible for any damage or loss to the Cardmember and/or any other person arising due to purchase, supply, installation, use or otherwise of the gift(s).
14. All descriptions of Rewards in the Rewards’ Catalogue are based on information provided by suppliers and Citibank does not accept any liability as to the accuracy of such descriptions.
15. Citibank is entitled at any time with prior notice without any liability to the Cardmember in any manner whatsoever to discontinue Citibank Rewards or cancel or vary its benefits or features, or vary, or add to or delete any of these Terms & Conditions, or withdraw or change the participants of Citibank Rewards, or modify or limit the value of Citibank Reward Points and/or the manner of their redemption even though any of such acts may diminish the value of the Citibank Reward Points already accumulated.
16. Gift(s) are not exchangeable, refundable, or redeemable for cash or credit under any circumstances, are not replaceable in the event of loss or destruction after being issued and are subject to such Terms & Conditions as may be prescribed by the manufacturer(s)/supplier(s).
17. The Cardmember is advised to inform in writing to Citibank in case a defective/damaged gift is delivered within two (2) days of its receipt giving full details including the name of the carrier. Citibank will not be responsible for a damaged/defective gift if the Cardmember fails to notify Citibank within the time period as stated above. It is advisable not to sign for an opened package and return the package to the supplier marked as "unexamined".
18. Citibank shall not be liable if it is unable to perform its obligations under these Terms & Conditions, due directly or indirectly to the failure of any machinery or communication system, industrial dispute, war, Act of God, or anything outside the control of Citibank, nor shall Citibank be responsible for any delay in the transmission to Citibank of evidence of Reward Transactions by the participating Merchants or any other third party.
19. Processing and delivery of rewards to the Cardmember would require four to six weeks.
20. Citibank nor the merchant will be responsible for lost, stolen or mutilated Rewards Letters / Vouchers
21. Rewards Letter or voucher will only be mailed to the Cardmember on the mailing address provided by Cardmember.
22. Reward Letter or Voucher issued by Citibank must be submitted in original, at the time of redemption and no photocopies will be honored.
23. In the event that the Reward Letter takes the form of a shopping / dining / fuel voucher and the Cardmember wishes to purchase goods or services in excess of the value noted on the Redemption Letter, the Cardmember must settle the difference to the Business Partner. No cash value will be awarded by either Citibank or the merchant, if in case the shopping / dining is charged less than the face value of Voucher.
24. Voucher redemption can not be combined with any other promotion or discount offer and is valid for purchases at retail prices only.
25. No compaint will be entertained for not receiving the reward item after 04 months from the date when the reward item was booked.
26. If gift item is returned by the courier or Card Member is out of country for an indefinite period of time, his/her order will be cancelled and reward points against the same will be added back to customer account.
27. By making "Reward Redemption Request" through Citiphone Banking or our website, it is assumed that you have read, understood and agreed with the "Terms and Conditions" mentioned hereinabove.