||The largest financial institution in the world originated from the merger between Citicorp and Travelers Group in 1998.
- 1812 City Bank of New York is established
- 1962 named The First National Bank of New York.
- 1977 renamed to Citibank, member of the Citicorp group.
- 1998 Citicorp and Travelers Group merge into Citigroup Inc.
- February 2007 - Citigroup announces unified Global Brand Identity under "Citi" name and its recognizable red arc design, while Citigroup Inc. is preserved as the legal entity.
- Includes under the trademark red arc the major brand names of Citibank, CitiFinancial, Primerica, Citi Smith Barney and Banamex.
- Performs business in more than 100 countries.
- Has more than 200 million customer accounts all over the world.
- Employs more than 350,000 employees all over the world.
Citi in Greece
The group under the legal entity Citibank International plc. is active in the following fields: Citi Markets & Banking, Citibank Consumer Bank and Citi Private Bank.
Othonos 8, Athens 1055