Platinum Citibank World MasterCard.
New Platinum Card from Citi.
Athens, June 3, 2013.
Citibank enhances its credit card line, especially for those wishing to enjoy a world of privileges, anywhere in the world, through cultural events, sporting events, travels and may other activities.
The creation of new Platinum Citibank World MasterCard is part of a broader strategy of Citi Greece for further exploitation of its clientele and attracts new customers, with new product suggestions and continuous upgrade of its services. It provides a set of unique services and the ultimate personal service. At the same time, it offers a modern and flexible reward program: using the card for daily and necessary transactions, cardholders are provided with the opportunity to reduce costs which are included in broader categories of leisure and travel. The pleasant result is that the cardholders may continue to enjoy the lifestyle they want, despite the difficult economic times.
The basic characteristics and advantages of the card are:
Platinum Reward Program: A very flexible reward program, in which 35 million businesses worldwide are participating. The cardholder gains points from all his transactions and cashes in euros whenever he wishes, simply by calling a special telephone line for Platinum Card customers. He may choose any business in the world among travel agencies or recreation (restaurant, theater, cinema, sports and cultural events etc.). Depending on the use and his selection, the customer can cash out and receive in his account from €10 to €500!
Every euro spent on the card corresponds to a Platinum point
Free points with the first transaction
25.000 Platinum Points
15.000 Platinum Points
10.000 Platinum Points
6.000 Platinum Points
4.000 Platinum Points
2.000 Platinum Points
1.000 Platinum Points
The new reward program provides ultimate flexibility, as there is no prerequisite of purchase or redemption to specific companies. The cardholder chooses where to make his transactions, as well as where and when to redeem his Platinum points.
- Platinum Travel Services: The new global travel service hotel privileges.com exclusively for Citi clients internationally, and in Greece only to holders of Citibank World MasterCard, gives the cardholder the opportunity to enjoy a range of complimentary VIP benefits, such as room upgrade, early check in, late check-out, SPA gift certificates etc. to more than 1.000 top hotel chains worldwide. From Greece, 49 top hotels are participating, such as Romanos in Costa Navarino, Belvedere Hotel in Mykonos, Aristi Mountain resort in Zagoria and many more. The holders of Platinum Citibank World MasterCard may benefit from privileges that only a world bank can provide.
- Platinum Security: One of the most comprehensive travel insurance packages in partnership with AIG provided that the customer has used his card for purchasing travel services. The insurance covers:
- Delay departure
- Delayed baggage check
- Cancelation – Interruption of travel
- Loss of life or permanent disability caused by accident
- Lifestyle Platinum service: Provides the opportunity to book tickets in sports and cultural events in Athens, London and New York, as well as buying gifts for loved ones only by calling 210 9460268
- Platinum Service: Exclusive Citiphone line for cardholders: 210 9290111. The line operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and the service is made by a representative of the bank.
- Platinum Exclusive Offers from Avis: Complimentary car upgrade for AVIS rental services and 10% discount in Avis Prestige service. For reservations call 210 6879600 or visit www.avis.gr
- Platinum Protection: Citibank World MasterCard is the first Citibank card in Greece which incorporates the Chip&PIN latest technology. In that way, the owner does not need to sign, the PIN is his signature
- There is no subscription, provided that the cardholder makes annual purchases worth more than €5.000. Otherwise the charge is €100 after 12 months.