During four 6-months rotation you will have a chance to:
- Learn hands-on operational processes in each of the business areas included in rotations.
- Understand the Security Services Operations processes end-to-end and be able to apply this knowledge in daily operations and / or projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Work hand in hand with each business area’s experts and managers to develop new or enhance existing business processes.
- Execute projects and initiatives as assigned by managers of respective business areas.
- Complete the Professional Certificate in International Investment Fund Services with the Irish Institute of Banking during first year of the Programme.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- At Citi, we encourage applications from all backgrounds. Apart from a strong academic record, you must be a proactive and self-motivated individual, willing to take responsibility, enjoy new challenges and adapt to change.
- A financial background is not a must but you do need to possess solid analytical abilities, and be able to work under pressure on multiple tasks.
- Finally, we need people who thrive in a team environment, working together to achieve our goals. A passion for financial markets is essential for our graduate roles.
- High level of adaptability to ambiguity.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Confident in collaborating with others and developing strong relationships
- Experience in leading or coordinating an extracurricular activity (e.g. student forum, international students programme, voluntary organisation, etc).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent English language skills.
- A critical thinker
- Able to work and adapt to tight timescales
Recruitment process is now closed.
We are looking for graduates to join our 2016 Development Programme for Security Services Operations Division.
The rotational Programme allows graduates to gain a greater breadth of exposure to the business. As a graduate, you will be supported in the business through our training and development as well mentoring and buddy programme. You will also be expected to complete the Professional Certificate in International Investment Fund Services with the Irish Institute of Banking sponsored by Citi.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
- World class training and development and mentoring of experienced managers – We believe that employee development is the springboard to our future success. As a Citi employee, you will have access to some of the best training programs offered by any financial services institution in the world.
- Global exposure – Citi’s expansive business means global opportunities and global mobility; with some of our graduates choosing to go on an overseas secondment.
- Challenge, Innovation and Autonomy –you can expect real work to do. We expect you to take ownership and responsibility and in return will give you autonomy in your role and your career development.
- Work in an international and diverse environment - use and develop your English language skills on a daily basis. At Citi, we recognize diversity as one of our competitive advantages. We respect the broad range of views, cultures and background and encourage our employees to participate in a number of councils and societies.
Security Services Operations is a global unit which is responsible for all securities account services and fund accounting services and is organized around three global product lines: “Prime Finance”, “Futures, Clearing & Collateral” and “Global Fund Services”. At Citi Service Centre Poland, our goal is to ensure that all transactions on an investment fund are accurate and all fund prices are delivered to our clients in a timely fashion. This area offers remarkable opportunities for growth within a dynamically changing environment. There are new opportunities being created due to the migration of new services and processes to Poland.
Security Services Operations area is divided into:
- Custody Operations: manages the flow of instructions to the Transaction Control Department and the flow of transactions to the custody bank.
- Custody Income: processes corporate action and income events for Citi’s custody business. It interfaces directly with the local market entities including depositary, counterparts and regulators as well as other Citi lines of business, internal and external clients.
- Middle Office: confirms and settles capital market and money market transactions. Collaborates with account managers, multiple custodians, brokers and agents on capital markets across the world.
- Transaction Control: enters transactions concerning various financial instruments and ensures that they are properly reflected in fund accounting records. Processes funds’ distributions (earnings from funds operations).
- Reconciliation: ensures data integrity and resolves inconsistencies between the funds’ accounting system and the custodians’ registry books. Liaises between the custodian and fund accountancy.
- Fund Accounting: controls and monitors all economic events and portfolio movements concerning funds. Ensures the correct valuation of the Net Asset Value of investment funds. Releases the Net Asset Value to the market.
- Trustees: provides specific controls required by country regulators. Reviews fund prospectuses against their operations.
- Change Management and Projects: manages cross-border process migrations and client on-boarding projects and supports core functions by developing applications in VBA, C# and QlikView.